What's new

Best docking station for SP3 (multiple display option)

phey_05

So far this is the best solution if you want to make your SP3 as office computer;

I’m on process of replacing my work computer, as soon as IT gives my SP3 network rights, i will purchase this device.

JesseDiaz

So far this is the best solution if you want to make your SP3 as office computer;

I’m on process of replacing my work computer, as soon as IT gives my SP3 network rights, i will purchase this device.

Nice! Yes please update us as much as you can because I purchased my SP3 and Im attempting to replace my desktop computer at work....and I have 2 external monitors already and would like to continue using them.
I am just waiting for IT to perfect the image of SP3 using all their BIG BORTHER tech...and Im good to go

JesseDiaz

By the way, he never said what docking station he was using....is that because what he calls a docking station is really just a 3.0 hub? I would think it would need to be more than a hub to get 4 external monitors to work on the sp3...and all separate displays

OP
phey_05

phey_05

Plugable UD-3900 have DVI and HDMI, so you have 2 already, then if you need to extend more monitor you have to add Plugable UGA-3000 on each additional monitor, you'll be able to do this set up by only using the USB 3.0 of SP3

JesseDiaz

Plugable UD-3900 have DVI and HDMI, so you have 2 already, then if you need to extend more monitor you have to add Plugable UGA-3000 on each additional monitor, you'll be able to do this set up by only using the USB 3.0 of SP3

Sorry....I didn't refresh and posted before I saw your post.

JesseDiaz

So you would connect the 3900 to the SP3 via USB 3.0. The you would connect one monitor via HDMI and one via DVI to the 3900. Then you would connect the 3000 to the 3900 via USB 3.0 and then connect a monitor to each one ( via HDMI or DVI ).
Is that right?

OP
phey_05

phey_05

So you would connect the 3900 to the SP3 via USB 3.0. The you would connect one monitor via HDMI and one via DVI to the 3900. Then you would connect the 3000 to the 3900 via USB 3.0 and then connect a monitor to each one ( via HDMI or DVI ).
Is that right?

Thats another option. But if will do it with 4 monitors, i will take 1 X Plugable UD-3900 & 2 X Plugable UGA-3000.

Plugable UD-3900 has all the ports you need comparing to a docking station

Nuspieds

True, if you don't have DP 1.2-compliant external monitors; USB 3.0-connected monitors work great and I never had any lag issues when I used that configuration.

But if you have the ability to go DP 1.2, then daisy-chaining via DP 1.2 is definitely your best option.