What's new

Black Screen and Won't Wake - KB Hot Fix posted

mark.rees

Well..... after a few months of frustration that I had bought a £1500 pile of crap, I gave the above a try...... 2 hrs in, sleeps when lid closed, wakes up when lid opened (and a couple of taps on the keyboard) - FINALLY what I hoped this device would be...... quick to turn on and get going! lets hope it stays that way

thank you very much for the informative post....
Spoke too soon.... Dressed black screen of nothing back like a bad smell..... Keyboard lights up but no screen..... Back to hibernate and wait 20secs to start working

That's not an issue if it were an out and out laptop but this is meant to be a productive slate/tablet with the ability for quick productivity..... In hibernating it's just a thin laptop..... I'm not expecting instant on iPad performance, it's a completely different device, but I do want to have the ability to shut the cover and come back in say 15-20mins and virtually instantly resume..... Is that a request too far for this device?

Serpico

Well..... after a few months of frustration that I had bought a £1500 pile of crap, I gave the above a try...... 2 hrs in, sleeps when lid closed, wakes up when lid opened (and a couple of taps on the keyboard) - FINALLY what I hoped this device would be...... quick to turn on and get going! lets hope it stays that way

thank you very much for the informative post....
Sorry to hear that. I'm on day 8 and still good as gold. Sleep works with all combos of dock, power button, and cover closure. When I get home I'll detail my power settings.. Maybe something in there is part of my config that is supporting my positive results.

mark.rees

Sorry to hear that. I'm on day 8 and still good as gold. Sleep works with all combos of dock, power button, and cover closure. When I get home I'll detail my power settings.. Maybe something in there is part of my config that is supporting my positive results.
Would love to try the same settings..... I have a modified plan that cuts down the other issue of fan noise and also, I did alter the hibernate after sleep setting to 180 mins......I was equally hopeful yesterday afternoon when it kept starting like a dream....

It started playing up right after the video driver crashed and recoverd in Edge....I did a restart just to see it that cleared it but then I started getting the black screen on wake