What's new

Boot issue - SecureBoot error

Stephen.Fowles

One of our SPro4's is coming up with the following error on boot;-

One or more selected boot devices has a SecureBoot violation! Returning to Surface settings. Please verify SecureBoot key configuration and boot device selection.

We had Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could turn off Secure Boot then recover any needed data and reimage the system to fix. or might need more information as to what you would like to do, how it got that way (what transpired just be for things went bad).
One of how many if I may ask? was this deployed to a user or it just happened after installing? background & context please.

OP
S

Stephen.Fowles

The user was using the laptop and the Windows 10 taskbar stopped working so he rebooted and it didn't work again.

I would disabled the SecureBoot but I don't know how to, when we go in to the BIOS and client on Security we're asked to reboot and when you go back in to the BIOS is asked you to reboot again.

On trying just now and options have actually just shown up for no apparent reason but when I click on change configuration within SecureBoot and try to select none I'm told 'The system failed to update the secure boot certificate key'.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you boot to a Recovery USB wipe the drive and reinstall??? if not it might be the TPM failed.

OP
S

Stephen.Fowles

Right, I've had movement on my issue, I turned it back on again and I could for no reason now disable the SecureBoot options, does anyone know why I would be prompted continuously to restart but then all or a sudden be able to access the SecureBoot options to disable it? The SPro4 is also now allowing boot up on USB which it was previously ignoring.

Votality

Right, I've had movement on my issue, I turned it back on again and I could for no reason now disable the SecureBoot options, does anyone know why I would be prompted continuously to restart but then all or a sudden be able to access the SecureBoot options to disable it? The SPro4 is also now allowing boot up on USB which it was previously ignoring.

Sorry to highjack and old thread... I had this happen to me.. Nothing to do with enterprise... I was running pro. It wouldnt boot to usb to reinstall my machine with a bmr. After trying a few times after a few reboots it would again... I changed nothing...

Btw if your running enterprise have you had any issues with it? Also did you have to purchase a full separate enterprise license. Seems you cant upgrade it from pro to enterprise.

Last edited: