What's new

By the 20th?

cardinalryan

I ordered from Best Buy on 5/25 and my order currently has completed two steps of a four step process to completion. My order is now stuck on "payment validated". Still must get through "preparing order" and "shipped" before any optimism can begin.

I knew I screwed up by ordering through Best Buy...should have gone directly to Microsoft.

No different with MS, I'm stuck on the "by" time, still no CC charge, no emails, no anything. Looks to be that no one is in a hurry to get people their SP3s.

mcsenerd

I ordered through Best Buy too, but I ain't gonna get my panties twisted up about getting it the beginning of the next week if that's what happens. At least I got to use my Reward points to offset the cost. For what it's worth though...my status shows up the same as yours...

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

With my RT and SP2, S2 deliveries I didn't receive any shipping notification until the day of but still received them on launch.....

But how many days before was your credit card charged? I think when they charge they ship.

I'm trying to remember cause it seems like when I purchased something else from Microsoft about a year ago I believe that my card wasn't charged until the day I received my product.

Last edited:

klyph

Hasn't changed, but I'm still wondering how MS is going to get my card charged, and the item shipped in time to BE HERE in Portland Oregon by the 20th. That's less than 48 hours from now as is.

-i5 256, ordered 6/3, red type cover.

This is how:

Tallahassee, FL, United States 04/08/2014 4:06 P.M. Delivered
04/08/2014 8:21 A.M. Destination Scan
04/08/2014 8:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Albany, GA, United States 04/08/2014 6:10 A.M. Departure Scan
04/08/2014 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 04/08/2014 4:21 A.M. Departure Scan
04/08/2014 12:19 A.M. Arrival Scan
Middletown, PA, United States 04/07/2014 10:18 P.M. Departure Scan
04/07/2014 9:23 P.M. Arrival Scan
Harrisburg, PA, United States 04/07/2014 9:00 P.M. Departure Scan
04/07/2014 6:30 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 04/07/2014 11:35 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

This is a copy of the tracking from a pre-ordered item I got from Microsoft. The release date was the 8th. It wasn't shipped until the 7th.

Araduun

Hasn't changed, but I'm still wondering how MS is going to get my card charged, and the item shipped in time to BE HERE in Portland Oregon by the 20th. That's less than 48 hours from now as is.

Not "end of day". During the holidays I had a ups person show up at almost 9 PM. We have roughly 56 hours or so, my time, for delivery to occur by friday. That's by 6 PM.

cardinalryan

Ordering through Best Buy, I have had a floating "pending" charge show up on my account ever since the day I ordered, but it has not hard posted. Funny thing is, today is the first day since I placed the order in which the pending charge is gone, but no hard posting either.

klyph

Not "end of day". During the holidays I had a ups person show up at almost 9 PM. We have roughly 56 hours or so, my time, for delivery to occur by friday. That's by 6 PM.

That was during the holidays though. UPS had MAJOR problems this past holiday season with getting stuff out on time. They underestimated package shipping by quite a bit.

Araduun

Ordering through Best Buy, I have had a floating "pending" charge show up on my account ever since the day I ordered, but it has not hard posted. Funny thing is, today is the first day since I placed the order in which the pending charge is gone, but no hard posting either.

I mentioned going through the cancellation process. My initial charge occurred immediately, with a pending notice. It was my first purchase directly through the MS store. I believe they ding your account up to full purchase to "prove" your account is real. After the initial ding and consequent cancellations, they have not dinged my card... however, I'm sure they will since, at this point they know my account is real. Still waiting for any sign, west coast.