What's new

By the 20th?

Araduun

Hope you realize this is not a gaming machine.. If you are a benchmark and power house user I think this is not for you and will tell you now you will be disappointed. It has an intel integrated HD video card and no Nivida card.

Trust me, I realize it's insufficient. I've scoured and looked over the i5's that are in current fruit labels and surf 2's. I am very sure this is what I've been waiting for. I don't want a tablet to play "apps". I want a tablet to be my current education device that won't decay in 4 years so horribly, it will not relate to a current device. It runs 8.1.. I've never tried it, I've had opportunities that I could have messed with. Now is my time.

Odyssey

It appears they've dropped the price down to the price with the student discount. Does using the student discount take anymore off the new price for anyone? It doesn't for me

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I don't see that when I look. I see the same prices. It's still 799, 999, 1299, and I stopped looking from there. Please provide a link.

Cupcakes

If you have a student account like I do, or shopped with the education discount prices, sometimes the cookies save (at least for me), and I see edu discounts on about everything.

Those prices must be with their student discount or school already saved or they are directly going to the education part of the surface store. It reverted back when I went to MS Store in another browser.

Odyssey

Hmm I just checked on my other computer and the prices went back to normal. Maybe your edu discount was activated without knowing?

klyph

It appears they've dropped the price down to the price with the student discount. Does using the student discount take anymore off the new price for anyone? It doesn't for me

No, the student discount wouldn't work when I tried. But when I tried a different computer it didn't come up as being cheaper, so it may have been my cookies like someone else said.

DAMN! Thought we'd lucked out and was gonna save a little cash.

Last edited:
OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Oh well I was pretty excited too but it's ok. Off to some coffee and start the day. Come on Microsoft please take my $1200 today and send me my SP3 3 BY Friday!

mohcho

Hope you realize this is not a gaming machine.. If you are a benchmark and power house user I think this is not for you and will tell you now you will be disappointed. It has an intel integrated HD video card and no Nivida card.

I've played Tomb Raider on the SP2 at a decent resolution and graphic level and while it is no gaming rig, it is no slouch either considering the size and portability of it.

Ummm.... Guys..... The surface pro 3 is cheaper at the Microsoft store now!??!

Don't we all wish for that.