What's new

By the 20th?

mohcho

Ugh, nothing has come yet. I'm going to be really pissed if Fedex comes just after I leave the office. My UPS tracking changed the shipping date to Monday, 23rd. Sucks.

fidesachates

Well the cover arrived... sp3 still has the "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." notice.

Never had this trouble with any of the iPhones deliveries.

Seneleron

i wanted to post every "Waiting on UPS" meme I could find, but how about we just take it as wrote that They're all linked.

15 more minutes and I have to go to work for a few hours. . . but I know my UPS guy. On Friday's, I'm lucky to see him before 8 PM >< Then again, it *IS* out for delivery, so it COULD be worse...

MDS

Got delivery by UPS of Surface direct from Microsoft earlier. Still no keyboard or delivery date from Best Buy that was pre ordered 5/22. Figures Microsoft even has to do shipping better than a retailer. Would have at least expected Best Buy to put out a notice. I'll wait and see if they make it today before going by store tomorrow. By the way the Pro 3 is everything I thought it would be!

Oh, the battery for the pen is under the users guide which I never read first. So don't panic if you can't find the battery in view when you open the box.

TGT

I will have to wait till Monday. Received shipping notification from MS yesterday at 9:36 pm. But it was not picked up by UPS until one day later at 8:11 pm.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Harrisburg, PA, United States 06/20/2014 8:11 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 06/19/2014 11:20 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

MadCruzer

My issue was related to the credit card company declining the second charge after they approved the charge for the Type Cover. This is why MS held the shipment. Grrrr... won't ship until Monday, so I went down to BB and picked up the i5 256Gb. I'll send back the 128Gb I preordered when I get it since I changed my mind anyway..

In any case, so far so good. Love the new form factor and size.

scfoster

Well that sucked. Got a message from UPS:

We previously sent you a delivery alert for the package shown below however, conditions have caused the delivery date to change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The delivery is now scheduled for Monday, 06/23/2014 by End of Day.

Luckily I had pre-ordered at the physical Microsoft Store, so I headed down there and told them my tale of woe. Manager told me there was a 2 year bundle special on the extended warranty, type cover and sleeve. Told him I didn't need the sleeve but how about substituting a second power cable. He agreed!

AND, I got the 10% student discount on the bunch.

So when the UPS package arrives on Monday, I'll return it.

double07

I picked up i5/256 model yesterday at local BB with student discount. I asked if they would match Microsoft 10% student discount and I showed them Microsoft link with 10% discount. They said, yes they can do that. All local BB around me have them in stock.