What's new

By the 20th?

JesseDiaz

I think its also a good thing to provide whether or not you ordered with a edu discount as well.

Yes please I got the education discount and my cc card has not been charged and looking back I don't see anyone who was charged note that they got the education discount so if you were charged and got notice of shipping please tell us if you got a discount

klyph

Yes please I got the education discount and my cc card has not been charged and looking back I don't see anyone who was charged note that they got the education discount so if you were charged and got notice of shipping please tell us if you got a discount

That's because I believe everyone that got a shipping confirmation is from Canada. Has nothing to do with the education discount. (Plus, someone from Canada did post that they used the edu discount)

Last edited:

LazyEvul

Not all of us Canadians were so fortunate - still waiting for my shipping confirmation here in Toronto. Ordered the 256GB i5 and red Type Cover (and I also used the student discount, for the record). Thanks to a screwup in their system after I changed my order from Cyan to Red Type Cover, however, I had to reorder my SP3 last night, so perhaps I've been put in the back of the line as a result.

JesseDiaz

That's because I believe everyone that got a shipping confirmation is from Canada. Has nothing to do with the education discount. (Plus, someone from Canada did post that they used the edu discount)

Thanks totally missed that. So hopefully the rest of us will see a charge tomorrow morning

klyph

Not all of us Canadians were so fortunate - still waiting for my shipping confirmation here in Toronto. Ordered the 256GB i5 and red Type Cover (and I also used the student discount, for the record). Thanks to a screwup in their system after I changed my order from Cyan to Red Type Cover, however, I had to reorder my SP3 last night, so perhaps I've been put in the back of the line as a result.

It could be that, or it could be that you're closer to the east coast. I'm not sure where the other Canadians who have gotten their shipment confirmations are from, but Microsoft products usually ship from Pennsylvania. It'll take a shorter period of time to get to you.

klyph

Depends on where you're from Jesse. West coast, maybe tomorrow. Closer to Pennsylvania, probably Thursday.

JesseDiaz

Depends on where you're from Jesse. West coast, maybe tomorrow. Closer to Pennsylvania, probably Thursday.

Ive ordered all my iPads and iPhones online I've never been as anxious to get those devices as I am for this Surface!!

Araduun

I'm on the west coast. I ordered on the 14th after 2 cancellations (one without edu discount, which was a pain for me to get working right.. eventually uploaded acceptance, and one my mistake on charging wrong account)from the west coast. I've been anxiously waiting. I can hopefully report that good news tomorrow.

I've always thought the ipads and RT type OS's weren't worth my time. I'm sure they suffice for some... I have an iphone. I've been holding off on tablets since conception, I'm an older guy at 41. I don't have work that needs it (yet), using my g.i. bill to go back to school and am hoping that this is what I want. My old laptop was from 2009, it was a Clevo with a desktop i7-920... it's still a great gaming laptop, but I would love to use a tablet for something that needs to be so mobile. I think my time has come and I decided to get the i5/8/256. I'm a true power house user... only because I've had the money and enjoy benchmarks and games to be honest so far, nothing school or work related. I was seriously considering the i7 for the extra cpu/gpu boost, since I can see myself playing some games when stuck for a large enough period of time. However, with such a late push back, talk of the broadwell/(insert ever advancing tech here) and such seemingly quick iterations I'll be good. This should last for a while until they truly perfect the art.

WorldIRC

So in Canada, while we have shipping notification and UPS tracking #, the shipment hasn't actually departed the origin yet.

geckoking

Hope you realize this is not a gaming machine.. If you are a benchmark and power house user I think this is not for you and will tell you now you will be disappointed. It has an intel integrated HD video card and no Nivida card.

DennyA

Not useless for games, though. I'm getting the SP3 to replace an HP Spectre 13 X2 -- similar but slightly slower than an SP3 -- and it runs Kerbal Space Program, Civ 5, and a bunch of indy games from Steam with no problem.

No, you won't run new games like Watch_Dogs at full res and high settings. But you can do indy/mid-range gaming on Intel integrated graphics.