What's new

By the 20th?

ipaq_101

My package is being shipped via UPS Ground, the status just updated, delivery tomorrow by end of day.

Depending on where their distribution warehouses are, looks like some will have UPS Air and some UPS Ground, but I think MS is trying to get everyone delivery tomorrow!

JesseDiaz

My package is being shipped via UPS Ground, the status just updated, delivery tomorrow by end of day.

Depending on where their distribution warehouses are, looks like some will have UPS Air and some UPS Ground, but I think MS is trying to get everyone delivery tomorrow!

Although my package is scheduled to come in tomorrow via ground it's not a guarantee. At least with next day air, it guaranteed

MDS

Amazing how much anticipation this forum has for this device. Ota my first time to preorder. was it also like this in surface pro 2 or any other surfaces?

Yea, it's always like this. It's something to do while we wait :big smile:

Got delivery time from UPS on Surface from Microsoft. Card charged by Best Buy on cover but order shows not shipped yet. Assume that will change shortly.

Last edited:

mohcho

Mine's probably on a plane right now from Dulles International to Toronto, Canada right now, it not already on the ground sitting in a crate on the tarmac.

Araduun

I did the free 2 week trial for ups premium... top. choice.. grade A, whatever. Then chose $5 to pick a 2 hour window. It was a UPS NEXT DAY AIR "SAVER". That meant, my 1-5PM moved to a 1-3PM, and so on, in two hour increments. I was curious for any kind of upgrade on UPS' site. If you pay amazon for some cheap service.. but you see tracking that could be upgraded, I am, the impatient lazy guy. I'd pay for that morning shift... if I could upgrade a scheduled shipment in anyway possible. In my opinion, if they can guarantee 1PM, being so close to me, they could get it even faster if I paid money, right.... say.. noon?

Anyway, if you see on UPS where it is, and think you could do better, should you be able to upgrade your package order mid-shipment? I realize Microsoft shipped. Is this something we should change? Willing to pay, get my package here, thank you.

Last edited:

Seneleron

Well, the SP3 is out for delivery. They're preparing my type cover, with a shipping estimate of 1-3 WEEKS! I guess they only made 5 blue [not cyan] type covers ><

NOBODY in the area has anything but cyan and black, looks like I'll be picking up a spare until my blue one comes in :/

jedge

I did the free 2 week trial for ups premium... top. choice.. grade A, whatever. Then chose $5 to pick a 2 hour window. It was a UPS NEXT DAY AIR "SAVER". That meant, my 1-5PM moved to a 1-3PM, and so on, in two hour increments. I was curious for any kind of upgrade on UPS' site. If you pay amazon for some cheap service.. but you see tracking that could be upgraded, I am, the impatient lazy guy. I'd pay for that morning shift... if I could upgrade a scheduled shipment in anyway possible. In my opinion, if they can guarantee 1PM, being so close to me, they could get it even faster if I paid money, right.... say.. noon?

Anyway, if you see on UPS where it is, and think you could do better, should you be able to upgrade your package order mid-shipment? I realize Microsoft shipped. Is this something we should change? Willing to pay, get my package here, thank you.

For UPS, you can change it to "Will Call Pick-Up", skip the delivery man entirely, and just pick it up when they open. Or maybe you'd have to wait till they call and say it can be picked up?, not sure. Either way it's probably faster.

SaddleSC

Well, the SP3 is out for delivery. They're preparing my type cover, with a shipping estimate of 1-3 WEEKS! I guess they only made 5 blue [not cyan] type covers ><

NOBODY in the area has anything but cyan and black, looks like I'll be picking up a spare until my blue one comes in :/

Same thing happened with my BB preorder of the Navy Blue Type Cover...so I checked local inventory (available for pickup). I found one In Stock at a different store near me so I cancelled the original preorder and bought one For In Store Pickup this morning! It is worth a quick check...perhaps you will get lucky like I did.