What's new

Calculator app keeps crashing even after reinstall.

Hey all,

Bit of a nagging problem that has been bugging me for a while. The built-in Calculator app (Windows Calculator) has been crashing upon opening for a while now.

I've tried reinstalling it, the Windows Store app troubleshooter, even the Command Prompt /scannow line, and nothing is working.

I could really do with this app being operational. I know there's plenty of alternatives, but it's bugging me so much.

Any help?

Twiggy.

GoodBytes

Make sure you have the latest Windows update and firmware (see Windows update)
If that does not work, uninstall Intel drivers, restart, and check for Windows update to show a System hardware or Firmware update pop-up and install it. You may need to restart once or twice teh system.
Be sure that your system is plugged-in, fully charged, and if you have the keyboard have it plugged in, before starting any update.

If that does not work, you can refresh the device.

Seneleron

Windows STORE app troubleshooter???? /confused...

You're talking about calculator, right? Open command line [Windows key +r] type "calc.exe" (without quotes) THAT calculator????

. . Never seen that. . not once in over 20 years...

GoodBytes

No, he means the Windows 8 App (Modern UI) calculator. This app was added in Windows 8.1.
The problem is that Windows 8 Apps are a pain in the ass to fix. It's easier to just re-install Windows in some cases.