What's new

Can I dual boot a Surface pro 7? Looking at using windows 11 and bliss OS.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can, the Surface is a PC like any other, just smaller. However, I'd suggest using a VM instead of dual booting.

OP
kojack

kojack

you can, the Surface is a PC like any other, just smaller. However, I'd suggest using a VM instead of dual booting.
Thank you for your information GreyFox. I had VM with various software applications on a previous computer, I found it slow and laggy compared to natively installing the software. Is this still the way? I was planning on getting the 1tb storage and partitioning the drive 3/4 windows/1/4 bliss. As the surface will only be the same as an iPad for me, (i do my heavy lifting on my two dell systems), It's not going to be pushed hard doing anything but I want windows and android support. Windows apk support is not here and we can only access the amazon store where the software I need for work is not available there, I think BLISS OS is the ideal solution for me.

XROne

how about WSL2, the (windows subsystem for Linux)? if you don't have one, create an account with Microsoft and join the Insider program, near the bottom on the left, update to widows 11 and then i think they have a few distros to choose from, i am not sure how this works. the new big deal distro is NixOS, kind of like Arch on steroids, but has a learning curve to setup. i think it's easier than vanilla Arch, but you have to install everything manually, including a boot drive? i am not sure. its a whole new level of linux. once it's setup, you can reproduce it easily.
hope this helps

XROne

NixOS linux distro on a windows machine. I think you instal WSL2 from the microsoft insider program on windows 11 then go to this site
then they should tell you to run this command in WSL2:
$ sh <(curl -L https://nixos.org/nix/install) --no-daemon