What's new

Can't open charms or apps bar with mouse

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Recently I have found that i cannot open the charms or apps bars using the hot corners.

Nothing on the machine has changed, no updates applied, and under navigation settings, the option for hot corners is ticked (tried unticking, applying, and then re-ticking. No luck)

Anyone encountered this on the SP3 or on 8.1? Could it be something to do with start8?

Can access them perfectly fine using finger gestures.

bluegrass

I think it has happened to me a few times in the past so I just used the touch to get the charms. It has happened so randomly, I didn't get too concerned about it as long as I had a work around.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I say, I have already checked these settings to make sure they hadnt somehow been turned off. Turned off and on to no avail.

Today seems to be one of those days for my surface. Mid lecture, pen stopped drawing, tried repairing, you name it, nothing, so resentfully plugged the keyboard in. Moment I did that, the pen inked fine. So took keyboard back off, and pen stops working.

And as you say bluegrass, there is an alternative, so its not the end of the world, just annoying as its taken me a while to het used to the hot corners, and now use them a lot.

Gary.M

I had that problem ages ago. The way I fixed it, following advice on here, was to go into touch and pen calibration and resetting both.