What's new

Cover for SB Screen

BearFlag

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
158
Points
18
Location
California
My Device
Surface Book
Does anyone know if there is a cover for the SB Screen? I was thinking something along the lines of the iPad smartcover or the SP typecover but without the keyboard.

Sometimes I need to carry my SB clipboard/screen to a meeting and want something to cover it. I prefer not to have something bulky like a complete sleeve.
 
No luck on eBay, Amazon, or Google. This may have to be a DIY project, but I agree @BearFlag, we need a non-typing screen cover for the Clipboard to carry to a meeting. I can even see deciding to take just teh clipboard home and use that spare power supply and external keyboard for lighter duty travel.
 
You can save a couple of bucks ordering direct from Skinomi with sk25off coupon code...

But I would really prefer a thin cover for the front (like a Touch Cover - hint hint hint - don't need the fancier Type Cover for this purpose since I have the real keyboard when needed).
 
I find the TechGlass is sufficient. Can put tablet face down with no worries.

I've seen the these transparent film covers but I rather have something dense like the smart or typecovers, where I can take it off whenever I'm using the SB as a laptop and put it back on when I'm just walking around with the screen. It doesn't look like they've made any for the SB yet.
 
Interesting cover from shadmart, but I notice that they carefully avoid showing how the clipboard cover is attached. I wonder why?
It would be interesting to see a picture of the front, if you can post one when you get it.

Thanks.
 
Does anyone know if there is a cover for the SB Screen? I was thinking something along the lines of the iPad smartcover or the SP typecover but without the keyboard.

Sometimes I need to carry my SB clipboard/screen to a meeting and want something to cover it. I prefer not to have something bulky like a complete sleeve.

Amazon.com: surface book cover

These allow you to carry accessories also

Amazon.com: surface book bag: Office Products

This is the one I purchased
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lig...=1463511348&sr=1-21&keywords=surface+book+bag
 

I want a cover just for the screen when it's detached. I already have a sleeve for my surface book. I want something that I can put on when taking the clipboard to meetings and remove once I reattach it to the base. Something along the lines of the iPad smart cover or the SP type cover (but without the keyboard).
 
I searched for countless hours for something like this, I really hope the next book has a better tablet portion with stand alone accessories. I understand that you said you weren't looking for a full sleeve but this is the one that I got:

Amazon.com: Microsoft Surface Book Case Sleeve, ProCase Wallet Sleeve Case for 13.5 inch Surface Book Tablet Laptop, Compatible with Surface Book Keyboard and Surface Pen (Black): Computers & Accessories

It's really not that big and I put just the screen portion alone in it when I go to meetings that I may need to take notes in, has a pen loop on the inside, and a nice little pocket in the back that I keep a microfiber cloth in to clean my screen when needed. It also fits the entire laptop if you plan to take the keyboard with you, though I hardly do that as I use a briefcase when carrying the entire device. The magnetic flap works great and I have never been worried about the clipboard falling out out even though there is a little wiggle room. Cheap, high quality, would recommend.
 
Back
Top