What's new

CPU 60 degrees during browsing???

Im having ridiculous degrees at pity web browsing. While playing Heartstones gets it at around 40 degrees.

Can someone explain this? Its crazy man. I see flash and my browser taks almost 700mb together. My CPU load is only 40%.

@ i5 128gb 4k ram

MS fix this please.

EDIT: im not sure if it is Twitch o/s but that site is sh*t.

raqball

I've not had any issues with heat until just a few minutes ago.

I was browsing this forum and didn't have any other tabs open. I believe metro IE was also the only app I had running.

It got real hot and the fan kicked in. I rebooted and it's already getting warm just replying to this thread..

Maybe I need to reset it?

OP
S

surferpro3

^its definitely a software issue. Something spiking the CPU for no reason. Prolly flash, cant wait til flash is run over by html.

ctitanic

I'm starting to see other reports of the behavior as well.....
Indeed. But I can't replicate it. To me is a contest issue. I'm blocking ads using tracking protection and a custom prepared lmhost file. May be that's why I don't have the problem.

ctitanic

I have been browsing the whole evening and the temperature is between 40° and 50°

Capture.JPG

raqball

Mine has ran pretty cool until today. I updated windows defender and the dictionary today via windows update. Other than that, I've not added any apps or programs.

How do I check the temp?

OP
S

surferpro3

Hmmm I tried the IE Metro and my temps went down to +-33 degrees. Even when watching twitch.

I guess I will sacrifice usability over heat lol

EDIT: ^ u have got to be kidding me, how is 4gb ram not sufficient for browsing?????