What's new

CPU 60 degrees during browsing???

Liam2349

I've been browsing for a little over an hour now. 8 tabs, mail app, photos, Skype, OneNote, News and Calendar open, CPU average temp is 43C. Browsing in IE Metro.

I think 60C sounds a bit high.

I'm using i5/256, and I do use tracking lists like Frank said.

dleuen

I've said this before but for me when I had high temperature/cpu occupancy it was because I had Adobe Flash for Other Browsers installed on my system so I could use the Steam store. There seems to be some bug in MUI IE that when a different flash player is installed, it no longer uses the built-in Flash that makes IE efficient. As soon as I removed that version of Flash my system returned to normal. Unfortunately the Steam store doesn't work without it though.

raqball

I've not installed any flash player and my system is pretty much stock with the exception of some metro store apps.

ctitanic

I've said this before but for me when I had high temperature/cpu occupancy it was because I had Adobe Flash for Other Browsers installed on my system so I could use the Steam store. There seems to be some bug in MUI IE that when a different flash player is installed, it no longer uses the built-in Flash that makes IE efficient. As soon as I removed that version of Flash my system returned to normal. Unfortunately the Steam store doesn't work without it though.
Interesting!