What's new

Creators update black screen desktop

harleyrobert4

I have a surface pro 4 with windows 10 pro edition. I opted to download the creators edition last night (very lengthy download). when complete I could get into and past hello screen, but once it went to desktop, the screen was totally black. I could move the mouse cursor around, but no icons or apps could be seen. I could go do a control alt del to get to the task manager to reboot (task manager showed up looking normal). I could also go into advance (shift key and restart button at same time) mode to reset the surface back to previous version (as long as I have the restore key). I also tried restarting at least 10 times before I reverted back to previous version. I have read the creators update is stable , but just not in my case. My question is for any of the Microsoft guru people out there who may have a solution; what if anything did I do wrong with the creators update. Is there any special keys I could have tapped to get the black screen to disappear? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Search tags for this page

surface pro update black screen

surface update blank screen

Staff online

Members online