What's new

Does anyone know when the Surface Pro 3 will be released?

Jabob

I am going to be a university student next September, I'm not sure if I should try to wait for the surface pro 3 or just get the 2. I would like to have it before September. Will it be worth the wait, I there going to be a significant improvement in power or battery life?

MickeyLittle

I am going to be a university student next September, I'm not sure if I should try to wait for the surface pro 3 or just get the 2. I would like to have it before September. Will it be worth the wait, I there going to be a significant improvement in power or battery life?

I don't think anyone has a clue about these questions; however the way technology is moving I wouldn't doubt that there would be some nice improvement coming out in time for school next fall but maybe not the Surface 3.

MickeyLittle

I'm ok with that and it goes right along with being way too late for the September start of school like I mentioned. I have no problem believing that there will be a Surface 3 next winter. Why not since Apple set the trend for that with their phones/ipads gotta update every year because we're gonna give you just enough changes to sell a new model.

hopefully the Surface 3 will go on a nice half pound diet!:excited:

MickeyLittle

What is the point of this thread? How would any of us know any of these things?

That's what's neat about forums, there are usually a ton of threads. I look and go nope this one isn't for me and I move on. But I don't bash it on my way out!:)

demandarin

LIKELY same time frame this year last ones was released. I know for Surface3 it can be safe to assume it will have new Tegra K1 processor. That thing Is going to be a beast. More processing/CPU power and graphics power than a ps3/xbox 360.

For surface pro3, I hope they slim it down to similar thickness and weight like Surface2. Even better battery life.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
LIKELY same time frame this year last ones was released. I know for Surface3 it can be safe to assume it will have new Tegra K1 processor. That thing Is going to be a beast. More processing/CPU power and graphics power than a ps3/xbox 360.

For surface pro3, I hope they slim it down to similar thickness and weight like Surface2. Even better battery life.

I agree with the Surface 3 prediction, the Pro 3 challenge is the ecosystem they've created, if they make it thinner, they would need to re-engineer the dock, portfolios, etc.. It may behoove them to leave it one more generation without changing the size.

MickeyLittle

I agree with the Surface 3 prediction, the Pro 3 challenge is the ecosystem they've created, if they make it thinner, they would need to re-engineer the dock, portfolios, etc.. It may behoove them to leave it one more generation without changing the size.

Yes, please don't follow Asus and their Transformer tablet line where every model required and new docking keyboard even though they swore that the TF 201 would be able to use the keyboard from the TF 101!

demandarin

Yes, please don't follow Asus and their Transformer tablet line where every model required and new docking keyboard even though they swore that the TF 201 would be able to use the keyboard from the TF 101!

I had the tf-201 aka transformer prime. I loved that tablet. I still have its dock sitting in my closet..lol. It was very intense on xda forums section for that tablet. Fun times..lol