What's new

DVDs on Surface RT ?

yeewiz

Thanks guys, doh, that makes sense seeing I need a DVD drive for the original.

Can you provide more information. I've never been able to get Handbrake to work with a commercial DVD. Thanks,

I'm with stlbud on this, I can't get this to work on my movie DVDs. are we talking the same thing?

compnovo

Thanks guys, doh, that makes sense seeing I need a DVD drive for the original.

I'm with stlbud on this, I can't get this to work on my movie DVDs. are we talking the same thing?

You may be running into DRM protection on the DVD, which Handbrake can't bypass.

leeshor

Handbrake is a good program but not always the easiest to use or configure for optimal file size and quality. One of the forum's supporting vendors is DVDCatalyst and since I own a copy of the VERY inexpensive software I can tell you that the settings that optimize the videos for watching on 16:9 and 16:10 (and other formats) tablets is easy and effective.

DVD Catalyst

martinjj

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question..but can't you plug an external dvd into the usb and play the dvd from there?

yeewiz

I hate this! 32-bit, comes with payload I don't need, like PC tuning crap, Real Player, and some other crap that you can disable during install.

are you complaining that you CAN disable the crapware installation during install? :)
if that was a typo, no crapware installed if you uncheck the terms and conditions boxes during pre-install setup

compnovo

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question..but can't you plug an external dvd into the usb and play the dvd from there?

I just tried with my RT and external player (a slim-line DVD player in a USB enclosure). No luck, the movie wouldn't launch.