What's new

Electrical buzzing sound coming from my SP2

Zuldan

I was in bed reading some news on my SP2 and noticed a faint electrical buzzing sort of sound coming from my SP2. I then put my ear to the rear of the SP2 and could hear the buzzing very clearly. I left it turned off (full shutdown) for a day then turned it back on but the buzzing is still there. Any one else noticed this with their SP2? Should I be worried? Would this sort of issue be covered under warranty? It was purchased from the MS store.

Jesse

My SP2 does not buzz, but the charger does when I have something plugged into the USB port on the charger. The sound I hear is high pitch, and I believe it to be caused by a ceramic capacitor oscillating. Since it is only on the USB power of the adapter I've not done anything about it.

The only sounds I hear from my SP2 (besides the charger) is the fan when it turns on. If you're concerned you can always ask Microsoft.

CrippsCorner

I've heard something similar a couple of times on my Surface Pro. It's not happening enough for me to bother with a replacement... yet.

DragonGamer

Does this buzz only happen when the battery is at 100%?
If yes you might have got one of the worst miss-effects of the december firmware update... it apperently caused for a couple of devices not to stop chargng when at 100%, resulting in buzzing and damaging the battery...
MS replaces those devices though.

Search tags for this page
buzzing audio surface book
how to stop the buz on my microsoft surface
microsoft book making buzzing sound
microsoft surface buzzing
microsoft surface pro buzzing sound
surface making buzzing noise when turned on

surface pro 2 buzzing

surface pro 2 freeze noise

surface pro buzzing

tablet buzzing