What's new

Endless loop of Shutdowns

chrsb

Was wondering what to look for to fix this-
1. Opened email, had document I needed to sign. (Outlook 2013)
2. Tried right clicking email attachment to get a "open in" but didn't work
3. I dragged the file to the desktop (pdf)
4. Went to right click, nothing, tapped again, screen dimmed, went blank and reloaded
5. Did this 6 times
6. Checked task manager, memory at 25%(most of it MS Store)CPU at 2%(i5 256 8G machine)
7. Finally got mad and restarted it.

Went to reliability monitor, it showed the 6 restarts as windows explorer stopped responding and was closed.

Yesterday I had the same thing with something simple also. I really want to like this but it's getting harder. The only programs I've loaded is Bluebeam Revu Extreme, Adobe X, Office 2013, Dropbox and CCleaner.

Any ideas or things to check? Lemon? If I take it back to exchange at the MS store do I need to box it up or just take the Surface in?

unruledboy

save it to another disk like usb and open it from there and see what happened.

if it is ok, do a disk scan, or type chkdsk c:/f in cmd

OP
C

chrsb

I did a disk check, nothing found. I remembered when it locked up yesterday, it was when I inserted a SD card. I checked the drivers for it and they're dated 2005. It locked up again today, same error reported, windows explorer stopped working. Maybe I got a bad SSD?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I did a disk check, nothing found. I remembered when it locked up yesterday, it was when I inserted a SD card. I checked the drivers for it and they're dated 2005. It locked up again today, same error reported, windows explorer stopped working. Maybe I got a bad SSD?

Sounds more like a corrupted SD Card....