What's new

External battery for recharge?

JohnL

Surface Pro 2

I travel a lot and use the Surface Pro 2 as an eReader. I get ~ 5 hours I airplane mode. However, on international flights, that is not enough (no 110-220 VAC outlet available). My Verizon Android smartphone has an external battery pack to recharge it when line voltage is not available. Is there something like this for the Surface Pro 2?

Thanks
John

Malakai

Holy shirt!! $200-450. For less than that price you can get a cheap ipad mini and load all your books on that or even go grab a cheap kindle. Brand new about £60 ($50).
I personally use my iPad for my media consumption. Mainly because I get ten full hours reading magazines and books, It feels great to hold and is lightweight. Don't get me wrong, the surface is a great workhorse but when it comes to downtime the iPad is my first choice everytime.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy shirt!! $200-450. For less than that price you can get a cheap ipad mini and load all your books on that or even go grab a cheap kindle. Brand new about £60 ($50).
I personally use my iPad for my media consumption. Mainly because I get ten full hours reading magazines and books, It feels great to hold and is lightweight. Don't get me wrong, the surface is a great workhorse but when it comes to downtime the iPad is my first choice everytime.
I'm sure there will be more reasonably priced solutions come to market but when your Mikegyver and first to market you can get this kings ransom. ;)

I had the same question as you. I ended up getting the power cover. Made the SP2 a little bulkier, but that doesn't bother me. I recently flew across the Atlantic. Watched 2 movies, and still had some charge leftover