What's new

Solved Glass Screen Protector Question

dstrauss

I highly recommend Phantom Glass. It is from a Canadian company....

-> Truly clear. So clear that there isn't a camera whole needed.

With the "quality" of the SPro 3 camera, how can you tell...I should have resisted, but just couldn't control myself...:D

JoshB

This is the one I used for a while. It worked great. I took it off because it was too thick for my TRIDENT case. So I switched to just a plane screen protector.

I tried the Phantom SP but had 3 issues:

1) The type cover does not stick to the screen as strong as without SP when elevated. This is minor issue and I was willing to live with it.
2) There were 2 tiny spots where the glue was missing and was noticeable. Luckily these spots were on bezel so again I was willing to live with it.
3) This was the deal breaker. Even though the pen worked fine, the touch sensitivity was not consistent. The touch would work flawlessly for a while, but then it would become unresponsive. It was so weird because the sensitivity came and went back and forth without any apparent reason. I got so frustrated I ripped it off and the touch returned to normal.

The company did send me a replacement but I haven't re-applied it because I'm afraid of the same behavior. :(

B

BChat

@next_milenium - Thanks for the "heads up", I'll be on the lookout for that when mine gets here and is installed.

Since I don't travel with mine and use is far from heavy, I'm wondering if I even need the protector. I don't have one on iPad Air, or Galaxy Tab 10.5, but do have one on phone.

B

BChat

@GoodBytes - good point, pun intended. So far I haven't used the pen. I use the 3 for email and surfing while watching TV, however, as I get more familiar with it 3 I may get brave enough to try new things, it certainly is capable of doing much more.

@next_milenium - Thanks for the "heads up", I'll be on the lookout for that when mine gets here and is installed.

Since I don't travel with mine and use is far from heavy, I'm wondering if I even need the protector. I don't have one on iPad Air, or Galaxy Tab 10.5, but do have one on phone.

No problem. I was very disappointed with the inconsistent touch behavior.

I don't take my SP3 outside much so I may just keep it "naked". I'm pretty careful with my devices and I'm the only one using it so I should be OK.

B

BChat

@next_milenium - I may just leave the shield in the box when it gets here.

Lesson: never again order anything outside the good ol' U.S.of A.
I am spoiled by the fast service I get from Newegg - waiting a week or so is way out side my patience time line.
Glass shield coming from Canada, extra MS power assy. coming from China.
Pretty much puts an end to the Russian Bride deal...:D

Phantom does offer life time warranty so if it doesn't work out for you then you can always get a replacement (but not refund, I believe).

For me, I wish I didn't waste my money on it. :(

B

BChat

I have learned to look at some of my not-so-well-purchases as the "price of doing business" in the land of technology. This approach softens the blow of $$s ill spent ...OR...I give the stuff to my grand children.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Thanks for the info, just ordered the Phantom Glass based on GoodBytes post.

Phantom Glass - 1 - me
ZAGG - 1 - MickeyLittle

:)
You were saying... Sorry I couldn't resist. I do suggest 2 things:
1) Get the Zagg as everyone on here has reported no problems with it
2) Figure out the Pen - You are missing how neat it writes and I actually use it quite often as a mouse