What's new

MS tempered glass screen protector...shattered.

OP
M

markusbeutel

I have the zagg glass screen protector, and yes sometimes when I pull the SP3 out of the sleeve it's hot. I figured that the way I was putting the SP3 in the sleeve caused it to turn on whenever there was a bump, to solve it by adjusting the way I stored the unit in the sleeve.

The screen protector is solid, bought it at best buy and no signs of it slipping off.

Is the zagg glass protector also 0.5mm or is it thinner than Microsoft's? Either way, I ended up getting a matte screen protector from Future Shop (didn't know this, but they have generic ones, matte and glossy), that they apply in-store. Not glass or anything, but thin enough that I can still put on my folio-case without it shifting the protector around and lifting the edges. Better protection overall I think than going naked apart from the glass screen protector.

Took around 20 minutes to install and came with lifetime replacement warranty which was nice.

razy60

@markusbeutel , most of the glass screen protectors I have had on various devices have all had a recommendation to not use the device for at least 12 hours so that the adhesive can bond properly, could that have caused the initial movement of yours, well that and the fact that the store took so many attempts to fit the protector.

ipaq_101

Is the zagg glass protector also 0.5mm or is it thinner than Microsoft's? Either way, I ended up getting a matte screen protector from Future Shop (didn't know this, but they have generic ones, matte and glossy), that they apply in-store. Not glass or anything, but thin enough that I can still put on my folio-case without it shifting the protector around and lifting the edges. Better protection overall I think than going naked apart from the glass screen protector.

Took around 20 minutes to install and came with lifetime replacement warranty which was nice.

I am not sure about the thickness, I will check the box when I get home.

It's not even on Zagg's website, only at best buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-gl...ro-3/8078022.p?id=1219309055458&skuId=8078022

GoodBytes

If you want a good screen protect, get Phantom Glass.
It's literary a sheet of Gorilla Glass that you put over your device. No bubbles and easy to install.

The big advantage of it is:
-> You have the same touch experience. Your finger will continue to slide smoothly on the device

-> Same pen experience. As the glass surface is identical, the pen will glide no problem on it, and not affect the experience.

-> Perfectly clear. Other screen protector claim to be clear, but plastic is not transparent, well not a transparent as glass. It has a tint of yellow or blue. That is also why they do a whole for the camera.
Phantom Glass is so clear, that there is no wholes for the camera or ambient light sensor, because it is not needed. It's glass.

-> Finally, you don't affect the sharpness of the screen or and allow more light through, as glass is more flat than plastic. That is why digital cameras with plastic lens give you horrible pictures, but those with glass lens, despite the same sensor, gives you much better pictures. Hence , why you don't buy cheap digital cameras, they are a waste of everyone time, and well money. Beside your smartphone probably takes better pictures, than these.

ipaq_101

If you want a good screen protect, get Phantom Glass.
It's literary a sheet of Gorilla Glass that you put over your device. No bubbles and easy to install.

The big advantage of it is:
-> You have the same touch experience. Your finger will continue to slide smoothly on the device

-> Same pen experience. As the glass surface is identical, the pen will glide no problem on it, and not affect the experience.

-> Perfectly clear. Other screen protector claim to be clear, but plastic is not transparent, well not a transparent as glass. It has a tint of yellow or blue. That is also why they do a whole for the camera.
Phantom Glass is so clear, that there is no wholes for the camera or ambient light sensor, because it is not needed. It's glass.

-> Finally, you don't affect the sharpness of the screen or and allow more light through, as glass is more flat than plastic. That is why digital cameras with plastic lens give you horrible pictures, but those with glass lens, despite the same sensor, gives you much better pictures. Hence , why you don't buy cheap digital cameras, they are a waste of everyone time, and well money. Beside your smartphone probably takes better pictures, than these.

Doesn't look like they have it for the SP3 yet according to their website,
I noticed this yesterday maybe an exclusive to them?

Yup, check out this guy's review: