B BigOldArt New Member Joined Nov 30, 2013 Messages 1 Points 1 Nov 30, 2013 #1 Do I have to update the Surface Rt via my wireless network or can I plug it into a USB on my Desktop PC for faster connection? Can I connect my Surface Rt by USB to offload files, document, etc?
Do I have to update the Surface Rt via my wireless network or can I plug it into a USB on my Desktop PC for faster connection? Can I connect my Surface Rt by USB to offload files, document, etc?
O oion Well-Known Member Joined Feb 15, 2013 Messages 1,358 Points 83 My Device S2 Nov 30, 2013 #2 The Surface is a wifi product. Edit: It will support a USB-to-ethernet adapter (e.g. official one), following these detailed instructions: Ethernet on Surface RT with Windows RT 8.1 (Updated) | DigitalManBlog Otherwise, you can definitely connect other USB devices--USB flash drives, portable drives, mice, keyboards, printers, etc. Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
The Surface is a wifi product. Edit: It will support a USB-to-ethernet adapter (e.g. official one), following these detailed instructions: Ethernet on Surface RT with Windows RT 8.1 (Updated) | DigitalManBlog Otherwise, you can definitely connect other USB devices--USB flash drives, portable drives, mice, keyboards, printers, etc.
smalltowngirl13 Active Member Joined Jun 18, 2012 Messages 612 Points 28 Location Kansas Dec 2, 2013 #3 Welcome to the forum!