What's new

[Help] Solution/Application for specific Mathematical use needed

william.ob

Hello, thanks in advance for reading this.

I'm currently a highschool student and require a device solution for the classroom. This hasn't been too difficult with my chromebook so far because typing and whatnot is quite simple, but I'm in need of a more in-depth solution for math. For the past few years I have been unable to write on paper without extreme amounts of pain, I won't go into detail but it involves multiple chronic nerve diseases. For the past 4 years I've gone through math without writing, having a scribe write for me in tests and having a family member scribe for me with home assignments. Using a computer relieves just about all this pain. Next week I start pre-calculus and a few months after that I start calculus, so a surface seemed ideal for its stylus and touchscreen capabilities. I really can't rely on having other people write and draw my assignments, it's seriously hindering my education. I will need to be able to quickly create and draw graphs and equations without fumbling around with softwares in the time that my classmates will spend pulling out a piece of paper. The school legally has to make exceptions for me to get my work done but I don't like relying on those, the condescending glances I get from judgy classmates gets to me. Ideally I would be able to double click a template file on my desktop of a blank graph, pull out my stylus, and proceed to graph whatever I may be graphing. It's never as easy as this, however, because solving equations is another completely different problem. When I do assignments at home I've done this with a drawing tablet and paint, which is painful and extremely inconvenient.

So now you're caught up and this brings me to my premises:
Will a surface effectively allow me to create graphs with the stylus accessory and standard touchscreen (Surface 3 Atom)?
Will a surface and the stylus allow me to solve equations with enough room and fluent software?
Or am I just going to have to suck it up and suffer through the pain of doing math on paper?

I understand this is not the most well-thought out forum post and may not even be in the most effective sub-forum but I've been stuggling with this for years and it's finally catching up to me. I hope you can understand the difficulties I've been going through trying to compete with "normal" kids when I can't even effectively take the SAT or write in a schedule. A solution with a device like this is entirely crucial to my future education and future job(s).

Thanks in advance,
William.