What's new

Hi. New Surface 2 Owner

SnowWight

Hi. Just thought I would say 'Hello'. Got my Surface 2 32gb and Type 2 cover yesterday. Made the switch from an Andriod Tablet (my step-daughter has just acquired my old Nexus 7) as I love using Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 920 and desktop. It made sense to use the same system across all my devices and I love the integration. I am a nurse, so will have my eye out for any useful Apps like Numbers for Nurses on my phone that helps me check dose calculations. I look forward to participating in these boards!

hypokondriak

Hi. Just thought I would say 'Hello'. Got my Surface 2 32gb and Type 2 cover yesterday. Made the switch from an Andriod Tablet (my step-daughter has just acquired my old Nexus 7) as I love using Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 920 and desktop. It made sense to use the same system across all my devices and I love the integration. I am a nurse, so will have my eye out for any useful Apps like Numbers for Nurses on my phone that helps me check dose calculations. I look forward to participating in these boards!

Hey welcome aboard! I have the exact same config as you and I really love it so far. I came from a Surface Pro 1 to this setup. One nice thing you'll surely notice with this over your Android is the ease in which you can use the IE11 Browser / Flash to get almost anything you need.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
SnowWight

SnowWight

Thank you. It's strange but since finding my way around the surface I have a better understanding of Windows 8.1 on my desk top. I am loving the integration across desktop, tablet and phone. My old iPhone 5 seems like a distant memory!