What's new

How Intel is buying, building a piece of the tablet market

jrioux

How many people saw this article and concluded that the Windows RT's days are really limited. As Intel builds better and cheaper chips for mobile applications, the need for ARM-based Surfaces and the RT operating system will be eliminated. Next year, the base Surface can have an "Atom" processor and regular Windows 9 at the same price as the current basic Surface 2.

How Intel is buying, building a piece of the tablet market | PCWorld

PS I love my Surface RT

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How many people saw this article and concluded that the Windows RT's days are really limited. As Intel builds better and cheaper chips for mobile applications, the need for ARM-based Surfaces and the RT operating system will be eliminated. Next year, the base Surface can have an "Atom" processor and regular Windows 9 at the same price as the current basic Surface 2.

How Intel is buying, building a piece of the tablet market | PCWorld

PS I love my Surface RT

It won't happen until Intel can get their Connected Standby (S0iX) Power Management and Video Drivers working. If for no other reason MS will continue with RT to spur Intel on reliability in the mobile space. The Bay Trail Atom forums are full of people having Battery Drain and Video Issues. ARM is a much more stable platform.