What's new

How to tell if my S3 has built-in 4G or not?

Plantje

Ok, that's nice of the seller! Did you get the 2GB/64GB variant or the 4GB/128GB? If there is currently a card still in the device you may be using that person's data if you enable it.
In the Netherlands you can't buy an LTE enabled Surface 3, so I bought mine in Germany. The ones here are unlocked, the ones in the US are locked to AT&T (I think)

Plantje

Do ones that dont come with modem still have the sim card slot?

As the already provided answer below indicates...they don't
I can confirm that on my non lte surface 3 there is no surface 3 modem device in device manager on the latest build of Windows 10.

The non lte surface 3 does not have a SIM slot or tray. I've never even seen where it is on the lte model. Where is it?

Plantje

Try to read a little better if people are providing you answers!

The fact that someone says:
I've never even seen where it is on the lte model. Where is it?
doesn't mean that this all of a sudden is unreliable...
The non lte surface 3 does not have a SIM slot or tray.
It states clearly: the non LTE Surface 3 does not have a SIM slot or tray. How obvious can it be?

Have a nice day too

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the provided answer indicates they didnt know where the slot was located, so that didnt look like a reliable answer.

Have a good day.

Indeed, which was to state that the non lte one does not have one, hence not knowing, and if the non lte model does not have one, and yours does, then quite obviously it is an lte one.

I'm still baffled as to why you wanted to learn through software when the slot was staring you in the face, and in doing so, you already have the answer.

OP
O

OddJack

Well dont be too baffled buddy :) The Surface came in a case, which is very snug, I already looked and saw it has the tray but didnt want to take it out and open it, but I will eventually. And whats wront to learn the software and where to look, isn't this website all about that? Talking to others and learning new stuff?

I don't think I am using the sellers account because it will not connect to any cellular network, it tries to though.

I dont remember if it's 64 or 128 but I will check, and yes I know how to check it through software...yeaaaeeeeeeyyyy :)

Plantje

My S3 connects to my home network by way of wifi, and as it is a tablet, not a phone, the slot only holds an SD card.
Que?

And yes it will only hold an SD card as the SIM card slot is in a completely different location on the device :)