What's new

HP Split X2

vsherry

Has anyone seen this beauty? It's selling at Best Buy. It's a 13.3-inch 2-in-1. I think the tablet portion is better-designed than the Surface. The keyboard and trackpad are better as well, but they do not look as appealing when connected to the device as the Surface, which has a more integrated appearance. The device sells for $899 and has 256GB of storage as well as a MicroSD card slot. It has a full HD display, which is not quite as good as the Surface's. If I had seen this sooner, I probably would have had a hard time choosing between the two, however.

This device is chrome, and I seem to be unable to find the exact one online; otherwise, I'd post a photo of this sexy beast.

OP
V

vsherry

No, I didn't know that, but I knew there was a lower-res version that preceded this one. I can only find the lower-res version online.

OP
V

vsherry

The most conspicuous advantage, IMO, is storage for money. It's 256GB for $899 vs. 128GB for $999. I don't know about the processor or RAM because it wasn't listed and I didn't check on my own.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The most conspicuous advantage, IMO, is storage for money. It's 256GB for $899 vs. 128GB for $999. I don't know about the processor or RAM because it wasn't listed and I didn't check on my own.
They are much more consumer focused and much more inline with Intel's Ultrabook and 2 and 1 than the Surface Line...I just don't see them as a premium device like the Surface Pro 3 and for me a Touch Screen is just not enough....I would rather go with an Ultrabook at that point...

OP
V

vsherry

Although both Best Buys list it as the HP Split x2, I wonder if it is not actually the Envy x2. It looks exactly like this picture, which is of the Envy X2 2014.

HP%20Envy%20x2%20Hands-on%20Review-2-580-90.jpg

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's basically a low end laptop that comes apart. 4.9 pounds, .7 inches thick, Y series CPUs i3 or i5. Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768. The Envy line is their more upscale product. It should sell for several hundred less than the Surface and you'd still be getting the same tired technology the PC vendors have been pawning off onto consumers for years. IMO this is the primary reason the PC fell on hard times.