What's new

Huffington Post overpowers Surface 2

OP
N

NGC

I started this post and it ends up it was all for nothing. Huffington Post has stopped allowing posting unless you link to Facebook. Deleted my account. I hope this Surface Forum never considers such a stupid idea of linking with Facebook and their less than honest leader.

kundas1

I find to many sites FORCABLY want you to link your Facebook account which is just a ploy to "identify" you which I find intrusive and an invasion of privacy... I would delete my account also.

pseudoware

Kinda like MS making you login to 8.1 with a MS acct (instead of local acct) to be able to use the modern SkyDrive app, and not get pestered with stupid prompts to switch a local acct to a MS acct when opening several other apps. Lame.

oion

Kinda like MS making you login to 8.1 with a MS acct (instead of local acct) to be able to use the modern SkyDrive app, and not get pestered with stupid prompts to switch a local acct to a MS acct when opening several other apps. Lame.

I think that's different. SkyDrive and Windows and Skype and whatever else are now all Microsoft products, so they would like to unify everything under single accounts. Google does it, probably Apple, any other company with devices and a large number of free services ("free" = "you are the commodity being sold").

On the other hand, Facebook has nothing to do with Huffington or any other third party that wants you to add your Facebook cookie credentials to their websites, which means their websites would appear on your Facebook account somehow and blah blah.

lakephillip

The Huffington Post on The Microsoft Surface RT(don't know about '2') is horrible. The page sits there loading flash ad, after flash ad, after flash ad, then you click the link to take you to the article, and then when you arrive at the new location it has to load more flash ads, and more flash ads, and more flash ads, and now 10 minutes are up, and you have read two paragraphs. I call it SUCKTASTIC. I wish I had kept my Samsung galaxy tab. it had no problems navigating Huffington Post.