What's new

I got 2 hours of battery life!?

Bobc2

Just installed Win 10 and battery seems to be draining really fast. I used Firefox and outlook 2013.

Anyone have similar problems. under win 8.1 there was a battery life problem, but MS fixed with an update.

leeshor

Just installed Win 10 and battery seems to be draining really fast. I used Firefox and outlook 2013.

Anyone have similar problems. under win 8.1 there was a battery life problem, but MS fixed with an update.
Welcome to the forum

After the upgrade there is a ton of activity going on, cleaning up after the upgrade, syncing etc., for some it takes hours to calm down, and then the battery should too.

Gerke

After 4 days my battery lasts 5 hour in stead of 9. I only once heard the fan in over a ywar. After update everything graphical like video or photo's triggers the fan. I'm not the only one it seems

Let's keep it alive!

Using desktop IE (soon Edge when there's a TPL extension available) Windows 10 estimates my battery life over 9 hours LOL. I'm impressed since I've had mine since September with over 100 cycles on it per battery report:

Screenshot (7).png

fletch33

Let's keep it alive!

Using desktop IE (soon Edge when there's a TPL extension available) Windows 10 estimates my battery life over 9 hours LOL. I'm impressed since I've had mine since September with over 100 cycles on it per battery report:

View attachment 6559

having done all the power management tricks like background and wifi and etc.. and starting from a fresh install of 8.1 then upgrading to 10 as fresh and then installing stuff back i still have only get this and i just unplugged it when i took this shot

qxteef.jpg

i use to get around 8 on a work day using same apps and software

I didn't even clean installed mine and I pretty much get 11 hours and 11 minutes after unplugging LOL.

Windows 10 is too optimistic!
Screenshot.png

@fletch33
You're battery is probably at 90% of design capacity if you've optimized your SP3 to power save and still only get 5 hours on a full charge.

Last edited:

leeshor

Good old Chrome, at it again. Unfortunately the only way to eliminate the problem entirely is to uninstall, not running/using it won't do it.