What's new

I kind of regret my Surface Pro 2 purchase & putting faith into Microsoft

OP
G

godson594

The after-sale service problems have got to be dependent on location or inconsistent policies/managerial responses.

I'd also was having battery, overheating, keyboard instability and the infamous "insomnia" after the Bad Firmware update. After the expected Firmware Fix did not materialize yesterday, out of sheer frustration, got MS support on the phone, and lo and behold, they were willing, even eager, to make a deal. A refund or exchange, and I took the latter, organized through the local retail store (where I bought it in the first place).

Back in December they weren't so helpful, so something seems to have changed. The failure to produce the firmware fix maybe unleashed a torrent of dissatisfaction, certainly a lot of grousing and discouragement.

Hopefully, you will get a better response now. I'd certainly emphasize the above factors as they apply to your situation. I'll keep a good thought it will shake something loose, and you'll get your problem resolved.

I'm going to call store I purchased from and see if I can get a refund. I want to love the device but I don't have the time to deal with it. It has knocked me on my a$$ in being behind in my design work at this point.

OP
G

godson594

Welp little update -
I tried getting my third unit again over phone and it was a nightmare bla boa
I ended up speaking with a manager at the store I purchased it from and he put a new one aside for me so I could drive in to swap it.

I got the 4300u (YAY) - and he let me keep my Stylus and charger so I basically have extra now which was very nice of him. I haven't had a chance to really test it out but I don't hear a creaky screen yet (fingers crossed)

I hope I don't have to post any more negative experiences here, it's not how I wanted to be part of this "community"

jrapdx

Welp little update -
I tried getting my third unit again over phone and it was a nightmare bla boa
I ended up speaking with a manager at the store I purchased it from and he put a new one aside for me so I could drive in to swap it.

I got the 4300u (YAY) - and he let me keep my Stylus and charger so I basically have extra now which was very nice of him. I haven't had a chance to really test it out but I don't hear a creaky screen yet (fingers crossed)

I hope I don't have to post any more negative experiences here, it's not how I wanted to be part of this "community"

Good to hear about a good experience. Really nice you got the "bonus" pen and charger. I've had my replacement SP2 (also 4300u) for 2 days now. It does seem to run cooler than the former SP2, but I couldn't say that's due to the CPU difference vs. the botched firmware of the older machine.

Running cooler, I'd think there would be less risk of developing the "creaky screen" syndrome you described. I really do hope I'm right about that, as my SP2 would have to be equally vulnerable to such a flaw. But hey, so far, so good!