What's new

iTunes Launching Slowly After Anniversary

Rich OReilly

After installing Anniversary, my ITunes is taking 10-15 min to open up.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ITunes and I have the same issue.

Is anybody else experiencing this or ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluegrass

I don't use iTunes but I thought I'd check since I have the Anniversary update installed. iTunes opened up almost immediately for me. I would suggest you look through the details in Task Manager to see if you can see if anything is eating up a bunch of your computer resources.

OP
R

Rich OReilly

Thanks, I have checked Task Manager and I dont see anything unusual. All other programs open fine. Only Itunes takes several attempts and takes up to 15 min.

OP
R

Rich OReilly

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. The last time I made sure I removed all remnants of Apple. Still takes forever to load. This is started happening after I installed Anniversary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScottyS

I've always felt iTunes loads slow compared to other apps (maybe because they don't use a splash screen), but even with Win10 AU it take only 4.8 seconds to load on my SP3.

Something must be a problem with it on your system.

JimHolland70

I'm having the same issue, but it's not 10-15 minutes, it's literally hours. I've uninstalled/reinstalled all Apple components and iTunes. Searched the web, can find nothing. I select to open it at 10 AM it'll literally pop open out of nowhere at 2 or 3 PM. Nothing in Task Manager indicates any major process running, though I can't force quit the iTunes process, even in Task Manager. I'm about to just give up and go back to Spotify.

PhilC50

I have exactly the same issue and have tried all suggestions. Sometimes it will take hours as Jim stated.
Weird thing, if I open the SDcard folder, iTunes launches immediately. Naturally I thought it was because I had Storage/Save Locations set to the SDcard. I changed them to This PC and rebooted. Now iTunes seems to open just fine. I'll make sure it's not a fluke over the next few days and report back.

blasianEng

I have exactly the same issue and have tried all suggestions. Sometimes it will take hours as Jim stated.
Weird thing, if I open the SDcard folder, iTunes launches immediately. Naturally I thought it was because I had Storage/Save Locations set to the SDcard. I changed them to This PC and rebooted. Now iTunes seems to open just fine. I'll make sure it's not a fluke over the next few days and report back.
What a coincidence that you posted less than an hour ago. I saw this thread before and checked back if there were any solutions.

This is a not a fluke! I opened the sd card folder and itunes opened right away. I am assuming since this is the surface forums most people are limited in storage and are using external storage for itunes so it's why only a small % of people (mostly surface owners that use iTunes) have this problem.

Had to create an account. Hope microsoft fixes this.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Microsoft can fix a bug in Apple's Software....have you queried Apple support forums?

blasianEng

I don't think Microsoft can fix a bug in Apple's Software....have you queried Apple support forums?
How is it an Apple bug if it was working fine before the anniversary update? Even if it is an Apple issue, apple would never do anything about it. They didn't even make iTunes compatible with high dpi screens lol.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How is it an Apple bug if it was working fine before the anniversary update? Even if it is an Apple issue, apple would never do anything about it. They didn't even make iTunes compatible with high dpi screens lol.
It is up to the ISV to make their software work with OS updates, that has been the case since commercially software became available.

iTunes on Windows has a long tradition of being problematic....