What's new

Keeping SP3 from sleeping

curney

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
56
Points
8
Hi,

Can someone explain why I cant keep my SP3 on with the screen off when its charging? It looks like its missing power settings that I had with my SP.

Thanks!
Charlie
 
Hi,

Can someone explain why I cant keep my SP3 on with the screen off when its charging? It looks like its missing power settings that I had with my SP.

Thanks!
Charlie
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG
 
With Connected Standby enabled those two settings revert to the same.... at least each time I've attempted to set them independently.
I have connected standby on and my screen never goes off while connected to power..
 
Agree that it's very annoying you can't have the screen turn off without going into standby. Might be OK if you are only running Metro apps since they theoretically maintain connectivity and get to run in small slivers of time. But if you run desktop apps, you are screwed.

For now, when I'm docked, I just keep my Surface cover closed with the screen on. :-/
 
Yeah, I want to hear emails come in. Not just when I wake the screen.
 
I've configured the MUI Mail App with the same accounts that I have in Outlook for that reason, also I tend use the MUI App in the evenings and weekends as it impacts battery life less....
 
Ctitanic, I think you just wanted to show off your screenshot and pen use. LOL
 
Back
Top