What's new

Leather Folio cover - found a nice one

phositadc

LOL. Here's a good thread to look at. Stickerboy is not the only skin solution (there's at least Decal Girl as well), but Stickerboy is the only one I know of the includes full coverage for all sides of the SP3 and also the keyboard, with multiple options.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/woo-hoo-stickerboy-now-has-skins-for-the-surface-pro-3.9469/

Here's a shot of mine, but in low light. See post #50 in above link for better photos.
View attachment 3444

I think I'm going to get one of the Stickerboy skins just for the back side of the device. Is it significantly "grippier" than the naked SP3? Which model did you get? I'm curious if all of them add the same amount of grippiness, or, for instance, if the carbon fiber might be textured and therefore add extra grip....

FlySwatter

I think I'm going to get one of the Stickerboy skins just for the back side of the device. Is it significantly "grippier" than the naked SP3? Which model did you get? I'm curious if all of them add the same amount of grippiness, or, for instance, if the carbon fiber might be textured and therefore add extra grip....
The Black Ostrich is probably your best bet for practicality -- grip, in your case. It's the most textured. Sharpcolorado posted several photos of this version in a post here: http://www.surfaceforums.net/thread...-for-the-surface-pro-3.9469/page-2#post-72893

Last edited:

uktivo

LOL. Here's a good thread to look at. Stickerboy is not the only skin solution (there's at least Decal Girl as well), but Stickerboy is the only one I know of the includes full coverage for all sides of the SP3 and also the keyboard, with multiple options.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/woo-hoo-stickerboy-now-has-skins-for-the-surface-pro-3.9469/

Here's a shot of mine, but in low light. See post #50 in above link for better photos.
View attachment 3444

The ones received this week from decalgirl also covers the sides..

FlySwatter

The ones received this week from decalgirl also covers the sides..
That's great to hear. Thanks for correcting me. The ones I got from Decal Girl for my SP1 were front and rear only, so they've obviously stepped up their game.

msolok

I would recommend not having anything covering the back of the surface when it is in use. Part of the reason that metal bodies are being used for the surface (in addition to the more premium feel) is for heat. The metal back helps the surface dispel heat and cool the CPU. The back of the device is part of the cooling system (which is why if you get a fan and point it at the back the surface will run cooler and perform better).
By covering the back (be is with a folio case or a skin) you are trapping the heat into the surface, so it will get much hotter.

smar

I have used their Surface Pro 2 version and it works well. Although it makes the whole unit feel bulky (given that the SP2 was relatively thick to start with, not sure how the SP3 will feel), it made the device robust enough to be left around without worrying about it getting scratched/damaged. One thing that did take a bit of getting used to was the flap cover when using with the keyboard plugged in.