What's new

LG Ultrawide 3840x1440 and SP3?

ctitanic

official supported.
Capture.JPG

malberttoo

Seriously thinking about picking up this bad boy but not sure if the SP3 will even support it. I've Googled until I cried and there seems to be conflicting information out there about supported resolutions. So...

Does anyone know if the SP3 can support ultrawide resolution of 3840 x 1440?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P01ZU0547&cm_re=34UM95-_-24-005-635-_-Product

Thanks!

If you use DisplayPort, then up to 3840×2160 is supported on the one external monitor, but only on i5/i7 models.

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

So, if I am understanding you correctly, the SP3 won't support any external monitor having higher resolution than its own screen?

malberttoo

So, if I am understanding you correctly, the SP3 won't support any external monitor having higher resolution than its own screen?

No, I think Frank misunderstood you. Ultrawide 4K is supported, but like I said only on i5/i7's, and using DP.

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

Gotcha. Thank you!

Right now I have two 1920x1080 monitors and would rather have the single monitor. Plus technically I'll have more desktop space with the ultrawide anyway.

enthuz

Jealous much...yes I am! I was just looking at that bad boy last night. Yes, please tell us how the SP3 acts and looks on it.