What's new

March FW update failed - doesn't come back

fax

Looks like the March update is back into MS update servers.
Just got it now... No issues whatsoever to report :)

Nil Edwin

I have the new 4300 processor and im afraid o doing this firmware update. It just came today on my windows update list, but i didnt installed it yet..........
Its working pretty well since now, and im afraid messing it up :/

Not quite sure I understand. If it's the same hardware, wouldn't the Marvell WiFi be as good (or bad) in the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2? If so, I'd expect MS would be getting a lot of complaints about WiFi performance. What would keep MS from using a better adapter? Surely there are better performing adapters available to MS for about the same cost.
They use it differently -- the SFPro2 sleeps often, while the SF is always on (connected standby). Also, I suspect bandwidth expectations on RT are lower...

BTW I've been told--I don't know from my own experience--that Apple products are the worst, having thin, hard to open and fragile shells. IOW without special tools, they are very hard to work on. In that respect, the SP2 is no better as it is glued together, and no instructions available telling how to unglue it. Anyway that's not something I'm ready to try.
"Heat gun". I do not plan to try that either until warranty expires, though :)

jrapdx

They use it differently -- the SFPro2 sleeps often, while the SF is always on (connected standby). Also, I suspect bandwidth expectations on RT are lower...
Ah, SP2 owners notice more, demand more performance. Could be. Connected standby would be a nice feature.

"Heat gun". I do not plan to try that either until warranty expires, though :)
Ooh, a far braver soul than I...