What's new

max of 65Mbit WLan.

cosmicarts

hi, i have an SP 3 and a FritzBox 7390. My SP3 never connects with more than 65Mbit (IPad Mini at same Position: 136Mbit, both in the room next to FritzBix).

is there any update that can help?

Kamran Samaie

got the same problem, different FritzBox (also tried with other routers) and values, but my SP3 not once gets the same speed as my MacBook Pro...

To some older routers I can't even connect at all with my SP3...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you updated your Router firmware. which band is it connecting to? 2.4 or 5?
Sounds like some box is on the fritz. :D

OP
C

cosmicarts

hi, it is the band connection. if it conntects to the 2.4 on my fritzbox (router) it will have a max of 65Mbit, if it connects to the 5 the max will be up to 245MBit.
a little bit confusing: if it connects to my range extender (tp-link, also 2.4) it connects with up to 160MBit?

malberttoo

Of course there is already reams of discussion on this forum about these WiFi issues. I will say for sure, make sure your router is fully updated to the newest firmware.

The SP3 will do poorly with some old routers, period. The WiFi standards at the time were only draft and consequently the router doesn't play nice.

Gerke

I ditched de Fritzbox wifi and added UniFi pro's to my network. 2.4 now gives me 130 Mbit, 5 gives me a solid 240 Mbit

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi, it is the band connection. if it conntects to the 2.4 on my fritzbox (router) it will have a max of 65Mbit, if it connects to the 5 the max will be up to 245MBit.
a little bit confusing: if it connects to my range extender (tp-link, also 2.4) it connects with up to 160MBit?
Clearly de box is on the fritz, nothing wrong with your SP3. :)