What's new

Microsft Office ?

Derrick Hanaway

I was told by the retailer I purchased my SP3 from that Microsoft Office 2013 came with/installed on the device. Does the SP3 come with a key code that I'm not finding or was I misinformed?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well, they were technically correct yet misleading, The Click 2 Run Installer for Office 2013/Office 365 is on the SP3 Image, without an Office 365 subscription or License Key it would only be a trial.

OP
D

Derrick Hanaway

Well, they were technically correct yet misleading, The Click 2 Run Installer for Office 2013/Office 365 is on the SP3 Image, without an Office 365 subscription or License Key it would only be a trial.
I found that out the hard way, I guess after the Keyboard and now a Office Subscription, They got more money out of me than a Apple Product would have, or at least right about the same.

nipponham

Is this for the US version? The SP3 I bought in Japan came with Office 2013 pre-installed and it included a card with the serial key. I made sure to take pics of the card and backed it up in case I ever lost it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I found that out the hard way, I guess after the Keyboard and now a Office Subscription, They got more money out of me than a Apple Product would have, or at least right about the same.

Apple doesn't include Office on their Machines, you can usually pick up Office365 Home Premium for $79.99/yr at Amazon

Is this for the US version? The SP3 I bought in Japan came with Office 2013 pre-installed and it included a card with the serial key. I made sure to take pics of the card and backed it up in case I ever lost it.

I believe that is an exclusive for specific emerging markets (I know Japan isn't emerging, but it is from a Microsoft Hardware Perspective).

tony8154

if you're in need of getting a key code I can sell you mine. I will ship you the unopened box to prove it's not pirated

lparsons21

Apple doesn't include Office on their Machines, you can usually pick up Office365 Home Premium for $79.99/yr at Amazon
Apple does include their consumer grade office apps though. iWork comes with all of their computers now.

It isn't MS Office grade of course, but it is pretty good for consumers.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Apple does include their consumer grade office apps though. iWork comes with all of their computers now.

It isn't MS Office grade of course, but it is pretty good for consumers.
Microsoft has a free offering as well it just happens to be Web Based...Office Online