What's new

Microsoft offering $650 credit towards a Surface Pro 3 for your existing MacBook Air

tuchas

I have to wonder what Microsoft's motivation is for offering this deal. Something smells of desperation. Virtually every BB in the Chicago area has both i5 models in stock, and so do the three local MS Stores. Are sales so bad that they have to deliver this kind of promotion? Frankly I am very surprised. Macbook Air owners are NOT going to go for this anyway.

fonzman78

Virtually every BB in the Chicago area has both i5 models in stock, and so do the three local MS Stores.

Have you ever been to a BestBuy and talked with their sales team? They are.... lacking? I have 6 Best Buys that I can reach within an hour of my house Each one of them has a display for the Surface 3. But if you ask them anything about it they don't know a thing. Might as well not have them on display since they do absolutely nothing to help the sales. I actually answer questions for people shopping there because the sales folks don't know much about any device.

As for the MS Store, they also need help in knowing how to get folks into the store. Lots of Blue shirts hanging around with no customers. Unlike the Apple store which is always busy.

This will take time and effort from those of use who have Surface devices. I'm constantly showing off my Surface and getting new recruits. This is my first 'business' day with my SP3 and already I have done my 'Surface thing' and spent several minutes of meeting time answering questions for folks who really like the SP3 but just don't have enough info about it.

double07

I still have second gen MBA 13 and I still love using it. It has core duo CPU and still prefer it over SF3 for a long usage. There is no way I will trade that in.

unruledboy

@fonzman78

you have done a fantastic job. there is a long way for MS to catch up with Apple regarding store/sales.