What's new

Microsoft Surface 2 with 4G LTE gets priced, arrives in warehouses

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Hero-surface2access.jpg

Microsoft launched its Surface 2 tablet in September of last year, but so far it’s only been available in a Wi-Fi-only flavor. If you’ve been meaning to get one, but decided to wait for a version that’s capable of 4G LTE connectivity, the wait could be almost over for you.

That’s because such devices have already been spotted in store warehouses, although they aren’t on sale just yet. Furthermore, we can even talk about pricing for one particular model. The 4G Surface 2 for AT&T, the one with 64 GB of internal storage, will retail for $679. That’s a $130 premium over the Wi-Fi-only variant of the same capacity, and we are assuming this pricing is valid sans contract.

Continue Reading @: Microsoft Surface 2 with 4G LTE gets priced, arrives in warehouses | Unwired View

jrhillma

If they drop a Surface Pro 2 256GB with 4G in the next 20-25 days, I'll be leveraging my 45-day return option to upgrade.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There are currently no plans for a Pro with LTE...at least according to the Surface Team...

jrhillma

There are currently no plans for a Pro with LTE...at least according to the Surface Team...

I should have put in the <wishful thinking> tags. The only issue I have with my SP2 is that I have to carry a hotspot when I'm not at home or work.

jrhillma

oh the inhumanity! LOL

I know, right? First world problems at their finest. :\ It's not the worst "problem" to have, clearly. Just a PITA to have to keep track of another device, another charger, move SIM cards. If my employer-funded/managed smartphone didn't have the hotspot capability blocked by the enterprise profile they enforce (seriously? seriously!), my life would be marginally less awful. ;) As I was telling a friend yesterday, though...the Surface Pro 2 is a keeper, 4G or not.

Davidmc99

I have a iPad with 4G LTE and took it with me when I traveled. What a waste having to take a large (iPad) cellular wifi modem around. I just purchased the Samsung Hotspot 4G LTE for $168 ($144 online at T-Mobile). It's on a pre-paid data plan (no-contract) so I only buy data when I need it. It doesn't add to the drain of my battery life. No need to wait for the 4G LTE version of the surface and my Hotspot is portable and can support 10 devices. It also comes with a 3100ah battery and can charge my phone. Again, no need to wait for the 4G upgrade to the Surface. I will keep my current surface until there are upgrades worth trading up like better CPU, Display, memory options, etc. The Samsung is small and fits in my bag and my last meeting I was able to share data with my other surface friends.