What's new

Mirror Screen to Amazon FireTV

If there is I can't imagine it will be much as it's $60, if your a bestbuy member check your account as you might have some certificates you can use towards it. I actually bought 2, leave one connected to my TV and one in my laptop bag so I've always got it with me.

GTiceman

If there is I can't imagine it will be much as it's $60, if your a bestbuy member check your account as you might have some certificates you can use towards it. I actually bought 2, leave one connected to my TV and one in my laptop bag so I've always got it with me.
$60 is expensive considering alternatives in the marketplace, mind you they don't work aka FireTV Stick. I had a $5 which I used the other day for the stick. If I had a 10-20% i'd jump on it.

OPTiK

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my fireTV Stick:

At first everything was working ok. I was able to pair my HTC One (M7 - ARHD Rom v81 i think). It was fine browsing menus, but once I opened up Clash of Clans (game) it would disconnect every time. Maybe too much data being sent to the fireTV stick? This was done across 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ N wifi.

I noticed that the Fire Stick dropped my 5GHZ N connection, and went back to 2.4 GHZ without me realizing it. The wifi connection doesnt seem to be very reliable right now. It'll show one connection when its really connected to a different one. The only way to tell is to go into the System -> Network menu. If you just go into the System menu the displayed network may not be correct one as I learned.

Once the Fire Stick dropped my 5GHZ connection it kept acting weird, even after a few hard reboots (disconnecting the power). I got it to connect to my HTC One again, but it took a lot of effort.

Before the connection drop I was able to actually get my SP3 to load the Fire Stick as a projector. It took a bunch of tries while trying to time adding the device at different points of activating the device mirroring on the Fire Stick. At this point I can't get it to find the Fire Stick again.

It looks like something along the lines of the wifi connection and device mirroring is goofing up. Could be a timing issue from what I can tell, but its hard to tell without any debug info. Either way considering my HTC One can't connect reliably (Android 4.4.3), I don't see my SP3 doing any better since it will probably push more data through than my phone.

EDIT: Just wanted to add if you are controlling the fireTV stick from your phone, and activate the mirroring, it will drop the connection it had with your phone.

GTiceman

I raised a ticket with Amazon about this today as they seemed to not be aware that it didn't work with Windows. The stick is listed as Miracast Certified now on Amazon.

$60 is expensive considering alternatives in the marketplace, mind you they don't work aka FireTV Stick. I had a $5 which I used the other day for the stick. If I had a 10-20% i'd jump on it.

It may seem a little spendy but keep in mind, it works perfectly without having to try and find work around. I spent $30ish on the Chromecast and wasn't thrilled about having to use Google Chrome and the mirroring was ok, not as responsive as the Microsoft Display Adapter so to me the extra $30ish is totally worth it but others may not think so.

GTiceman

Just an update spoke with some more tech support at Amazon and they indicated that engineering has been asked multiple times for support for computer systems. At this time it will only work with Android devices.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just an update spoke with some more tech support at Amazon and they indicated that engineering has been asked multiple times for support for computer systems. At this time it will only work with Android devices.
That should be very clearly communicated and marked on the packaging, web site, and documentation.
Um, when the say Android devices do they really mean Amazon Fire ONLY???

GTiceman

That should be very clearly communicated and marked on the packaging, web site, and documentation.
Um, when the say Android devices do they really mean Amazon Fire ONLY???

It worked with my LG G3, but I agree I told them the site should say Miracast compatible/capable but not certified because it isn't. Also told them they need to check about the features they list for the Roku as it doesn't say it has Miracast.