What's new

my stupid solution to the stupid pen problem

mitchellvii

really...I did not see that. :big smile:

And I really like my touch keyboard too. Despite my best efforts I have never been able to teach myself to touch type as quickly as I can hunt and peck. The fact that I barely have to touch the keys on the touch keyboard to get a response means I can absolutely fly on this thing. It's also very quiet (assuming I turn the sound off) if I'm in a meeting or anywhere else people don't want to hear me clattering away.

Now that I finally have a case I like I am far less bothered by the SP kickstand. My main gripe now is wishing it had a larger screen but that is mainly because my legacy Access Database was designed at 1600x900 so I have to go 125 zoom to get the whole thing on the screen at once which makes things a bit tiny to look at :).

scharp

Does the manvex case have holes on the top flap for the vents? Those with the case, have you noticed any cooling issues especially when running cpu or gpu intensive tasks?

mitchellvii

Does the manvex case have holes on the top flap for the vents? Those with the case, have you noticed any cooling issues especially when running cpu or gpu intensive tasks?

No holes on the top but that flap does not sit completely flush so air can escape from the ends. I have noticed with other cases which do have holes at the top that they tend to become misshapen with use. Have not had any overheating issues.

Talldog

After 5 days with this cover, I'm just liking it more and more. I use my SP in tablet mode most of the time, so I keep my keyboard, wedge mouse and a couple of other things in the Incipio bag, and this cover just holds the SP and the pen. It works great and doesn't add more than a few ounces. I also discovered that without the keyboard, magnets come into play when the cover is closed. It snaps to the SP and holds itself in place. I strongly recommend that anyone looking for this type of cover and/or an adjustable kickstand check this thing out. And major thanks to mitchellvii for bringing it to our attention.

Talldog

Oh, and one more thing. I've posted elsewhere about the problem where once in a while my SP will wake up for no reason, so it can't be left in the Incipio bag unless I completely shut it down. Well, last night it did it again (first time in weeks) in the Manvex cover. When I grabbed it this morning, it was warm, but nowhere near too hot. The ventilation in case of a spurious wakeup was a major reason for buying this cover, and I'm very pleased. Thanks again, mitchellvii.

mitchellvii

Oh, and one more thing. I've posted elsewhere about the problem where once in a while my SP will wake up for no reason, so it can't be left in the Incipio bag unless I completely shut it down. Well, last night it did it again (first time in weeks) in the Manvex cover. When I grabbed it this morning, it was warm, but nowhere near too hot. The ventilation in case of a spurious wakeup was a major reason for buying this cover, and I'm very pleased. Thanks again, mitchellvii.

You are welcome. I also love this case. For the price it is truly remarkable. Very functional and looks nice too. One additional thing I have noticed is that if you opt to go with a slim profile bluetooth keyboard instead of the touch cover, you can put it in the case as well and with the elastic strip closed, it holds tight. This is nice as you don't have to carry the keyboard separately. I use a separate bluetooth keyboard as I needed one with backlighting on the keys.

I don't know about the accidental-on thing. The SP boots so quickly there really is no harm in just turning it off when you put it in your bag.

mitchellvii

Not covering the bezel is a no brainer - swipe in left and right are annoying with a bezel covered. Get off MEH BEZEL!

That is of course unless you have an intelligent case designer who puts cutouts over the right and left bezel so they are easy to swipe as with the case I recommended :)

machistmo

Seriously, covering the bezel is a bad idea period. All the good iPad device cases manage to avoid it, why can't products for the MS products be that same quality?

machistmo

That is of course unless you have an intelligent case designer who puts cutouts over the right and left bezel so they are easy to swipe as with the case I recommended :)

Then again I don't find myself needing a case for the Pro. Pens go in my pocket. The Type Cover is enough when I travel with this device.