What's new

New SP3 member here from Indonesia!

gabanmaven

Bought the i5 128 GB S3 model in January in Vancouver while I was working there. My friends laughed at me when I told them I was gonna buy a $1000++ windows tablet! Haha! But I knew what I was doing. Needed a replacement for my HP Pavilion dm3 (a badass laptop! Kind of miss it) who got stolen couple of months before, been using my mom's atom laptop ever since. Did countless hours of internet research in YouTube and other websites and finally I decided to splash my valuable cash on this badboy right here. And never regretted it!!

Its fast, sleek, look fabulous and different! (Microsoft doesn't sell Surfaces in Indonesia). Never encountered a real problem so far with this one, it did get hot more than I supposed it would be. But doesn't really bother me. Read an article from ctitanic about indexing and I applied the setting on mine and the heat problem disappeared!

My only concern now is the aftersale/warranty. Microsoft does have a representative office in Jakarta (the capital city of Indonesia, in case you don't know, which is about 3 hours of flight from my city, Medan), but they don't do Surfaces. It makes sense since they dont even sell them here. They dont even have accessories for the Surface. So, if something "funny" happens with the hardware, I'm gonna be literally helpless. Or even if I wanna get important accessories like the pen or the charger, I have to go to EBay or something else which means more expensive and more time.

But so far I'm enjoying my SP3!!

Sorry for the bad English.

Cheers from Indonesia!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @gabanmaven

Congratulations on your Surface Pro 3. You are going to set a new trend amongst your friends. Selamat datang untuk teknologi miniature, lah.

I lived in Sarawak for years, and raised two boys there. Wah... your English is better than my Bahasa Indonesia (Malayu).

OP
gabanmaven

gabanmaven

Welcome, @gabanmaven

Congratulations on your Surface Pro 3. You are going to set a new trend amongst your friends. Selamat datang untuk teknologi miniature, lah.

I lived in Sarawak for years, and raised two boys there. Wah... your English is better than my Bahasa Indonesia (Malayu).

Thanks @sharpcolorado You seem quite famous here, never expected you lived in Sarawak and know Bahasa Indonesia (although Malay (Malaysian Language) is different from Bahasa Indonesia, but we share the same root in Austro-Malay languages, along with the Malays in Singapore also). Hope you enjoyed your time in Malaysia.