What's new

NVIDIA and Tegra Zone.

FFX

NVIDIA and Tegra Zone, Halflife 2 and Portal for Tegra 4

Why aren't NVIDIA supporting Windows RT devices with its Tegra 3 and 4 chips?
The Surface 1 and 2 aren't even listed on their page, called Tegra Mobile Devices. Next-Gen Smartphones, Tablets, Devices | NVIDIA Tegra | NVIDIA
They haven't updated their Tegra Zone app since release. No new Tegra Zone games have been published, and the old ones still say "Coming Soon". Android Games - Download Games For Your Tegra Powered Tablet or Smartphone
I Can't fathom why Microsoft choose to go with NVIDIA again for the Surface 2, NVIDIA have done very little to support and help the Surface line. Tegra Zone is a joke on Windows RT.

Is there something we can do to make NVIDIA support the Surface and Windows RT line with Tegra chips better?

Last edited:
OP
F

FFX

NVIDIA have just released Half life 2 and Portal, for their own Tegra 4 device, NVIDIA Shield. NVIDIA launches 'Portal,' 'Half-Life 2' for its Shield handheld - Neowin
The Shield has the same Tegra 4 chip as the Surface 2, but Im guessing NVIDA wont help these game come to the Surface as, no new TegraZone games have been released for the Surface 1 or 2, since the release of the Surface RT. I seriously hope Microsoft, ditch NVIDIA for their next tablet.

be77solo

NVIDIA have just released Half life 2 and Portal, for their own Tegra 4 device, NVIDIA Shield. NVIDIA launches 'Portal,' 'Half-Life 2' for its Shield handheld - Neowin
The Shield has the same Tegra 4 chip as the Surface 2, but Im guessing NVIDA wont help these game come to the Surface as, no new TegraZone games have been released for the Surface 1 or 2, since the release of the Surface RT. I seriously hope Microsoft, ditch NVIDIA for their next tablet.

The NVIDIA Shield has the Tegra 4 chip, but its running Android KitKat, not RT. The new release of Portal and Half Life 2 were ported to Android and are available through the Google Play store. They look and play great, I picked up a copy of each for my Shield, but I doubt you'll see them on RT device any time soon if ever unfortunately.

They should play on other Android Tegra 4 devices however.

I agree, would be nice if NVIDIA supported the Tegra 4 platform as a whole instead of dedicated to Android.