What's new

Office Home & Student 2013 RT FAQ

J515OP

Super Moderator
Microsoft has provided a FAQ for Office RT which many people here may find helpful since Office RT does have some limitations compared to the full Office suite for Windows. Here is link to the FAQs page and a couple of the more common questions below.

Office Home & Student RT Preview - Office.com

What does Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview include?

• Special early editions of best-in-class Office applications – Word 2013 RT, Excel 2013 RT, PowerPoint 2013 RT and OneNote 2013 RT designed for tablets.
  • Default save to SkyDrive allows you to manage all types of documents online, access them on your tablet and share them with others.
  • Your recent Office documents and personal settings roam with you – simply sign in and go.

If my tablet includes a preview of edition of Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview, how do I get the final edition?

After the final editions release, you’ll be automatically updated for free via Windows Update. The update can also be accessed manually at any time after it releases. On your Windows 8 machine go to the Start Screen and search “Windows Update” and from the Settings filter select either ‘Windows Updates’ or ‘Check for Updates’. You can also access Windows Update through Control Panel and click “Check for Updates”. (Internet Wi-Fi connection required for update and Internet usage charges may apply).

Can I use Office Home & Student 2013 RT for work or business?

As sold, Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview and the final edition are not designed for commercial, nonprofit, or revenue-generating activities. However, organizations who purchase commercial use rights or have a commercial license to Office 2013 suites can use Office Home & Student 2013 RT for commercial, nonprofit, or revenue-generating activities.

Does Office Home & Student 2013 RT (Preview and the final edition) include the same features as Office Home & Student 2013 on my Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC?

Almost – Word 2013 RT, Excel 2013 RT, PowerPoint 2013 RT and OneNote 2013 RT in Office Home & Student 2013 RT include the vast majority of Office Home & Student 2013 features available on PCs, and nearly all the features most customers use. But because tablets have special needs for security and mobility, a few features are unavailable in Office Home & Student 2013 RT, including macros, add-ins, and other custom programs written by users or developed by third parties.