What's new

OneDrive online only problem

rayma

Hi everyone, I have search and tried various methods but none worked.

I want to make my onedrive folder online only and thus create more space on HDD.

Problem is that even after making the folders online only, some (not all) files are still stored in the local HDD. And if I delete them they will get deleted in the OneDrive (online).

Anyone else has this problem? What others ways around it?

Thanks.

A "design decision"(tm) was made by Microsoft that this is how it will currently work (I also suffered from having a huge amount in Onedrive which started getting sync'd back to the Surface). The only way around this is to omit which folders sync locally - which means that you can't see them through Explorer. This is apparently something to do with later integration with a Onedrive for business although, bearing in mind that there would probably be masses of business data on such drives, seems an a$%e about face way of implementation.

FWIW, it's been reported that Joe Average was getting confused about why he/she couldn't access Onedrive files visible in Explorer when not connected to the internet - so there may be some pandering to the lowest common denominator here too.

OP
R

rayma

Thanks for your reply. Why am I not surprised at MS? Don't know which model you have but I got the base i3. Every GB counts.