What's new

Onenote on new SP4 not activated, Product key anywhere?

zendokan

Hello,

My old SP4 was damaged and i got replacement unit. Logged in with my one drive and microsoft live account to synchronize onenote data, which doesn't work. But it download single sites from the notebook when I click on it. It seems also Onenote is not really activated. Every time I start it I get "test-buy-activate" options. On my old SP4 this was not the case and onenote activated, complete office package not. It looks also my notebook has become a bit big with 700 MB. Is this too big for proper sync?

The syncing error says:"Notebook cannot be synced because you are offline or network is not available (error code 0xE4010641"

Both is not true as browsing and downloading single site from the notebook works.

I think it's a activation error. So how can I activate onenote without product key or which microsoft customer service to mail to?

Thanks for your time and advice

Orlbuckeye

One note comes with office and when you enter a key for Office it should activate all the Office products.

OP
Z

zendokan

In germany/europe for the surface pro 3 and also the 4 pro onenote was activated when I bought it. I could use it on the SP3 since over one year, not office. Maybe different abroad, but that's a main argument to buy it. Office you can test one month for free. I did this now. But the syncing error persists. Maybe my old replaced SP4 is still linked to the microsoft onenote and onedrive account? Is it possible to have several onenote accounts? It seems only a distinct section of my notebook is not able to sync, i can also not export it, only on the old SP3. Maybe setting up account new and importing the data works, as often a restart/reinstall with microsoft products is the only solution...

Orlbuckeye

Yes Onenote comes with the Surface products. Onenote is also part of the Office package. Onenote must be linked to you MS account. Yes you can have multiple but the one you login with will be the one that it would use to run Onenote. I would call MS or go to their website and they have a chat window to talk to support.