What's new

Question about the new keyboard

So I have the SP3 and I picked up the new keyboard today as the delete key on my old one kept sticking and I liked the idea of a little space between the keys instead of them being flush next to one another. My question is this for those who have the new keyboard (mine does not have the finger print scanner). When it's attached does your keyboard have the 2nd magnet in it so you can create a pitched angle with the keyboard to type on? My original SP3 keyboard did but the new one doesn't seem to have it or if it does it is extremely weak.

zhenya

Yes, it's still there, although it's been slimmed down a bit, I presume so that it doesn't interfere with the larger screen on the SP4. It may be slightly weaker than my older cover, and it definitely can't be put into that position when in the dock.

OP
W

wookiee2cu

Thanks for the replies, after playing with it some more it does appear to work but the magnet is not nearly as strong as the original keyboard for the SP3, a decent bump and it comes undone.

bsnguy

Yes, it's still there, although it's been slimmed down a bit, I presume so that it doesn't interfere with the larger screen on the SP4. It may be slightly weaker than my older cover, and it definitely can't be put into that position when in the dock.

I have the type cover with the fingerprint reader (but the covers seem the same dimensions, especially at the hinge). I have no problem using it in the "up" position with my dock and it's plenty strong. Hard to tell if it's the same as the SP3, but I can use it on my lap just fine which I think is the test.