What's new

Readyboot Event Viewer

chrsb

I was checking out my event log due to an unexpected shutdown and found this-

"The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes."

I tried to find where to increase the size but nothing turned up when searching for readyboot. It locked up after sitting for a few hours. Also when I got home today there was a message that I needed to reboot to have changes take effect, I didn't modify anything, it was just sitting in my bag.

I also had this error-
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic-&Prod_USB3.0_CRW___-SD&Rev_1.00#00000#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

Which I'm guessing is related to the USB drive drivers.

And this one-
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\MSHW0030&Col01\5&294f3b18&1&0000.

And this one-
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\MSHW0027\2&daba3ff&2.

And this one-
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device BTHLEDevice\{00001812-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_Dev_VID&02045e_PID&07c5_REV&0001_e18ac701ba1b\8&307c95c6&0&0015.

Seems like a bunch driver errors all of a suddenly appeared.

thepappas

Having same issue. Do you have a Docking station by any chance? I have found that when docked and the SP3 goes to sleep, it has a hard (or impossible ) time waking up properly. I also see a lot of VSS errors, so I have disabled VSS service as well, just to see if things go better.

prplsurf

Having the same issues too... To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with my SP3. Quite often it is impossible to wake it up from sleep, then it has all these weird errors, USB3 issues, & other annoying issues.

I do have the dock as well, and it is almost impossible to wake it up from sleep while docked. REALLY annoying.

Marseebar

Hi did anyone get a resolution on this issue?
mine takes 40 mins to start up as the device struggles with this errors
in my case i have no USB doc just the unit alone its own ... when its running its fine but if i need a reboot i might as well go do something else