What's new

RT and Internet Explorer

drohr

I have a Surface RT. It uses I.E.

Now since Microsoft discontinues I.E. what the HELL are we all supposed to use? RT users are just stuck in a limbo like place and only gets what MS deems worthy. You cant install normal apps due to ARM architecture and are limited to use only those apps supplied in the Microsoft Store. I tried that UCBrowser crap but it is a FAKE app (this is in the Microsoft Store) that uses (calls) I.E so basically it's the same browser.

Since we all are not supposed to use I.E any longer (discontinued) what the hell are we supposed to use?

Microsoft didn't think this one through, did you Microsoft?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Microsoft did NOT discontinue IE. They did stop supporting versions prior to 11. Wherever you got that idea someone messed up or you misunderstood.

jrioux

Microsoft did NOT discontinue IE. They did stop supporting versions prior to 11. Wherever you got that idea someone messed up or you misunderstood.
Well, actually, MS totally discontinue RT, so there is limited support for everything RT. And, I'm sure that MS thought it through. They wanted to stop the bleeding.

leeshor

That was from March of last year and I'm pretty sure the premise as stated is incorrect.

A good example of not believing everything you read.